Friday, May 30, 2008

Add a dash of strange

Got an email from one of my friends overseas this morning. The weird thing: the timestamp of the mail is April 4.

I've since gotten other mail from her to bring me up to speed on events. So what the hell is up with Hotmail (or my ISP) that it took nearly two months for the email to get to me?

It's just really damn weird.

---
Got "The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle" #1 in the mail yesterday. Geeky joy abounded. Everything Jim Butcher touches turns to gold. "Midas" Butcher should be his name. Sounds odd, but that's how life is.
---
The "Lost" finale was last night. I haven't had time to watch much of my tape beyond confirming I got the whole two hours recorded. It will be fun viewing as I kill time between end-of-work today and drinks tonight.
---

So the next game my group has is coming up in June and I'm back in the GM's seat. What a lovely time to get hit with writer's block.

I had an outline. I really did. Then I read it and realized that I hadn't planned beyond one point that's probably going to get resolved awfully-quickly.

And I need to write this so it seques into Erik taking over for the subsequent session.

Yes, I'm whining about how complicated it is to play a role-playing game. No, wait. That's not it. I'm whining about my obsessive-compulsive disorder and my anal-retentive need to have continuity that flows properly.

Does coffee count as meds?
----
So in current news, the toilet on the International Space Station broke.

First off, why is there only one toilet on the ISS? Seriously. One? All those billions of dollars invested and they have one friggin' toilet???

Secondly, what the hell do they do in the meantime? I mean, they have to wait for a replacement to be shipped up via a Russian rocket ('cause God forbid the U.S. has a working replacement for the Space Shuttles). Bare-minimum, that's going to be a bit of a wait...
---
This is kind of cool. I'd buy this.
---
I'm filled with payday joy, but May is pretty much over.

What the hell happened to this year? 2008 is almost half-gone! WTF???

No comments: