Monday, May 19, 2008

le sigh

So it's supposed to be really windy in the next couple of days. Specifically, it's supposed to be really windy tomorrow and Wednesday.

This is especially fun given that I won't have a car Wednesday and have to ride my bike that day.

I wouldn't mind except that the weather wonks were talking about 30 mph or higher winds.

That just sucks. Seriously. That's quite un-fun.

Ah well. The whole week is kind of chaotic anyway, but I don't mind. It's a lesson in being adaptable, I guess.

It was a good weekend. That will carry me through the bumpier parts of this week. Besides, it's "Indy" on Thursday (though, let's face it, that movie will probably suck).

And, best of all, three-day weekend coming up! Woo-hoo!

I'm about 132 pages into "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

It's very, very good.

I'm hooked. I'm not so hooked as Erik that I feel compelled to get the hardback (which I'm quite impressed by... he's not really a hardback collector... but I digress), but I love the book.

I've been quite fortunate with the recent new books tossed my way.

It would be hard to bump Jim Butcher and George R.R. Martin out of my #1 slot (I'm still fuzzy as to which author I prefer more). Steven Erikson also rocks my reading world. Rothfuss ("Name of the Wind") and Scott Lynch ("Lies of Locke Lamora") have bumped a lot of my other faves into the background. I'm inclined to say I favor them over Joe Abercrombie ("The Blade Itself" and sequels), if only because they're less-depressing.

So many books. So little time.

No comments: