Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lazy yawn

That was a relaxing three days.

I'm a bit surprised how relaxing it was.

Beer in Oakland with Tim on Friday, then dinner with Tim and Kaori on Saturday (followed by another wee pint or two at E.J. Phair). Carnivale parade on Sunday (followed by lunch and more beer).

There was a bit of a beer theme, overall.

In-between all this, I managed to get some grocery shopping done and cook up another batch of pasta sauce. Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

I also finished "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. That book was utterly fantastic. I can't wait for the next book and I can't find out an ETA for it. DAMNIT!!!

Yesterday was surprisingly overcast and cool. Good jogging weather. And jogging was pretty much required with all the beer over the weekend.

Best of all? I got a lot of sleep. I think I've managed to overcome my sleep deficit. This morning wasn't nearly as brutal as I thought it would be.

It's a four-day work week, which could mean anything. Typically, short work weeks are just the same amount of work squeezed into less time, but I can hope that it's reasonably even in pace.

Friday I'll get together with Tim and Steve for a pint or two. June's looking pretty insane after this weekend.

No comments: