Saturday, May 17, 2008

I am Iron Man

So I took advantage of my unexpected free Saturday and jaunted off to see a matinee of "Iron Man" after a leisurely breakfast of French Toast.

Mmm...

So before watching this movie, I'd believed "Batman Begins" to be the best superhero movie I'd ever seen.

And I'm not a huge fan of "Iron Man" from the comic books.

That said, this movie blew me away. It was outstanding! I wasn't bored a single moment. And that's saying something.

The casting, the pacing, the story, the writing... it was all brilliant!

The Big Lebowski as the villain threw me, but Bridges really carried it off. Downey was genius as Tony Stark.

And the cameo at the end... GAH!

So I blew a Borders coupon and got "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm only a few pages in and enjoying it. Kudos to Erik for recommending it.

And I'm hitting "Forbidden Island" this afternoon for some tropical drink goodness.

Good times.

No comments: