Thursday, May 29, 2008

Televisionaryism

Yes, I know that's not a word. I just wanted to see how it looked in print.

Looks pretty scary.

So tonight is the two-hour finale for "Lost". I feel like I'm on the far end of a yo-yo with this show. They go from utter shit to completely awesome so fast that I get dizzy. The finale is supposed to be pretty intense and off some regulars. io9 claims Emilie de Ravan is "confused" about what's up with her character, Claire. She ain't alone.

The producers are on record as saying the next two seasons will be "slower". More proof that TV execs are actually more stupid than politicans. And that's saying something.

BSG spoilers also made it on to io9. Since I'm addicted to spoilers, I read them.

If they're true, then BSG has stopped circling the toilet bowl and gotten into that handbasket. What the hell happened to that show? BSG was one of the best things on television and then it's like it suddenly melted. The show started to collapse under their mystical crap. It's a goddamn science-fiction show! What's with the portents, visions, and superstition?

Or is it that I always assumed it was a science-fiction show and I've just been wrong all this time? Alas, that's probably more-likely. It seems American sci-fi just can't get away from the superstitious bullshit.

At least on television, anyway.

No comments: