Thursday, May 8, 2008

Aaah...

This week has been utterly insane.

My company had its major software release on Tuesday. That essentially meant that Tuesday was non-stop patching of information wounds all over the place. I think I was pretty much spinning around from 5am 'till about 3pm and still had stuff to do yesterday.

It's nice to feel needed. It would have been nicer if I hadn't been savagely brutalized by allergies.

Now everything's out-the-door and the celebrations begin.

The allergy meds have the annoying side-effect of making me really hungry, in addition to all the other fun things they do. So yesterday, I was starving. I decided I wanted pasta (something filling but not likely to jack up my cholesterol and all that fun stuff). So I had an impromptu lunch at Pasta Pomodoro and talked one of my co-workers into walking over to share lunch.

Pasta is the best food on Earth.

Just sayin'.

So today my department has our department lunch. I'm not supposed to say where we're going but suffice it to say... it's really nice.

My manager is the best ever.

No exaggeration.

After that we'll come back to the office and the company is having an ice cream social to celebrate the release.

Yes. Ice cream.

I love working here. I'd probably be happier if I weren't lactose intolerant.

I'm taking tomorrow off to deal with appointments. I've decided to personally celebrate the release and other things by having dinner at Zachary's.

Zachary's Pizza... oh how I've missed ye.

I can't wait.

Then it's the Kaboom party on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday.

Non-stop celebrations! Woo-hoo!

Now I'm hungry.

No comments: