Thursday, May 1, 2008

Borders coupons

So it's dangerous to be so close to a Borders books and get those damn coupons. Combine that with my poor impulse-control and I wind up buying stuff.

Case-in-point: the local Borders has some eps of the classic "Dr. Who" on DVD. With these coupons, they're almost affordable.

I used to have tons of the Jon Pertwee, Tom Backer, Peter Davison (shudder), Colin Baker, and even Sylvester McCoy eps on VHS thanks to PBS broadcasts. I never really got to watch any of the old Patrick Troughton eps, save at sci-fi cons.

So I managed to pick up an old Cybermen classic of the Troughton era: "The Invasion"

I'm a bit jazzed. I don't mind sayin' it.

---

I just got invited to an outing of some sort in June. I don't think it's a bridal shower. Is it a bachelorette party? If so, why am I invited? Eh, in any event, I'm going to a friend's wedding on June 7 and have been invited to an outing earlier that week that involves Sake bombs (or so the evite says).

And it's on a Tuesday night.

Gah!

I loves my sake, but on a school night? Ye gods.

Oh wow. I re-read the invite. It's in friggin' Palo Alto. No... that's not happening.
---

It's May already. What the hell happened?

2 comments:

Schadwen said...

So why not just take one of your ever-present PTO days, and not come in the after Wednesday?

J said...

Because it's in f***ing Palo Alto and gas costs nearly $4/gal.