Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Pen is Mighty!

What a weird day!

Yeah, you don't want to know. So instead I'm going to share the capper to my day.

I shall rewind a bit. Let us look back to the later part of 2012. It was November 2012 and I was not saving money for Xmas as I should have. I was instead lured by shiny, shiny things.

Things like Kickstarter offerings.

I'm a writer, both by profession and inclination, or so I often tell myself when I don't claim to possess super-powers and mad ninja skills.

As a writer, I possess a love of both writing instruments and notebooks. It's a thing with me. I love my Moleskine notebook and try to never be too far from it. I also carry at least two or three different pens on my person at any time (just in case one runs out of ink).

Yes, I know I'm OCD. Shut it.

So going back to Kickstarter. On one of the many blogs I peruse in my morning reading, I saw a post for the TiBolt, an all-titanium pen made in the good old U.S. of A. by knifemaker Brian Fellhoelter.

My interest was immediately piqued. (I really just wanted an excuse to use "piqued" in a sentence. Believe I'm a writer yet? Neither do I... *sigh*... moving on...)

I was a bit late in joining the Kickstarter and missed the early bird, but it turned out for the best. I put in for a regular TiBolt and today, after a day of consummate weirdness and crazy, it arrived to make my day so very much better.

PICS!



Okay, it's been established that my photography skills are seriously lacking. Still, it's an awesome pen. It's light (oh, so light) and the bolt-action is both smooth and weirdly-addictive. Okay, maybe it's not all that weird.

I've no idea when the pens go for sale to the general public. Probably best to peruse Mr. Fellhoelter's site for updates if the Kickstarter page doesn't have it.

Was it worth it? I mean, it's not a cheap pen, right?

Yes. Absolutely. Yes. SHINY!

No comments: