Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hits the Mark

Topless Robot offers 8 reasons why the CW's "Arrow" is superior to "Smallville".

It's spot-on.

To be fair, I hated "Smallville" from the get-go. I thought it was moderately-horrific and got progressively worse. I also loathe Superman. That's been covered in previous posts.

I think the Topless Robot article does a great job calling out what it is that makes "Arrow" entertaining and great. It's unfair to compare it with "Smallville". While both are ostensibly shows about comic book heroes, it's sort of like comparing a fine sports car with a 1974 Pinto that's missing a wheel.

The writers of "Heroes" could learn a lot by checking out the pacing in "Arrow". The writers of "The Cape" could learn a lot about... um... well, everything. "The Cape" was even worse than "Smallville".

Man, I hope the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series is good!

No comments: