Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Start of a short work week

Rain has finally graced the Bay Area in 2013 as of today. I hope it sticks around for a while and gives us a good soaking.

That sounds a little kinky, doesn't it? Hm...



I got a bag of Unreal faux-Milky Ways. The bag is on my desk. It's looking at me. It's taunting me. It's daring me to raid it.

Oh yeah, bag? I have homemade biscotti in another bag! Trumps you, punkass!

I'm talking to bags of candy and it's only Tuesday. Perhaps I should have extended my holiday weekend a bit? I'm thinking the Scotch yesterday was probably unwise.



As a follow-up to the GLORY that was Warren Ellis's genius, "Gun Machine", I am now reading Corey Doctorow's "Homeland". The sequel to his brilliant "Little Brother", "Homeland" continues the adventures (such as they are) of Marcus Yallow (I think I have the last name right) in his quest to fight against the oppression of a national security state.

It's fiction, but it's not that far from our reality. Just a nudge or two away, really.



Upon further examination of the "Man Ring" (titanium utility ring... I really need a consistent name for this Preciousssss bit of shiny) I'm pretty sure the tools built into it are also that uber-awesome titanium. I'm sure the creators would have mentioned something if they were stainless steel or whatever.

Would explain why it's taken me effort to put more of an edge on the little knives. Oh well, they're sharp enough for whatever one would use a tiny knife for, I expect (cutting string, etc.).

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the bottle opener tool would make a fairly awesome wire-stripper. I bet I could come up with an alternative use for the comb too, if I thought about it.

MacGyver and James Bond wish they owned one of these!

Yes, I'm still fanboy gushing. I expect that won't stop until I'm distracted by something else.

SQUIRREL!

No comments: