Monday, February 4, 2013

First February Monday

Well, that was disappointing. Sure, the Niners came back in the second half, but they just couldn't get enough traction to catch up to the Ravens. Sad.

I say this out of a loyalty to a local team, not out of any interest at all in football.



February. Wow. I feel as though I blinked and missed January.

Of course, I was sick for over a week-combined of January, so that might contribute to my disorientation a tad.



Dry as a bone and Spring-like since the new year arrived. Oh we've had the odd sprinkle here and there, but nothing that's stuck.

We need rain damn badly and we need snow in the mountains.

I wouldn't mind a cold snap or two, honestly. I get weirded-out by Spring weather in mid-Winter. I prefer my Spring in Spring.

I'm old-fashioned that way.



The flu is history for me. I feel fantastic, which is not a word I'd normally use for my personal feelings on a Monday.

I expect a return to martial arts will beat that good feeling out of me right-quick.



The Year of the Snake is closing in upon us, in the eastern calendar. I guess the 10th is the actual "Lunar New Year" (aka "Chinese New Year"). According to one of my friends who makes a study of Chinese horoscopes, I'm supposed to have a successful year professionally, do well financially, probably develop superpowers and all that other bullshit.

You know, same as every horoscope says every year.

Superpowers would be cool. Too bad I was making that part up.



Superpowers. What superpowers would you choose?

I'd probably get greedy and want some kind of healing/regeneration ability (like Wolverine), telepathic/telekinetic powers, and the ability to see the future.

For starters.

No capes, though. I have learned from The Incredibles.

No comments: