Thursday, September 11, 2008

miscellanea

If only for that pun, he must die!

---

So last night I went out to dinner at Havana, a Cuban restaurant in Alameda for my friend's birthday.

Up to that point, I haven't been a huge fan of mojitos. I like rum drinks, but I'm not a fan of soda water and mojitos have never done much for me.

It helps that prior to this, I'd only had mojitos during really horrific, liver-abusing outings that resulted in... shall we say... services at the porcelin altar?

Ain't I diplomatic and tactful?

Anyway, I'm not all that familiar with Alameda, so I got there early, found some parking, and had nothing to do. So I sat at the bar.

And I drank mojitos.

I only had two. That was more than enough. My motor skills were hosed after the first one. The second one had me spilling water, slurring my speech... yeah. Good times.

And they were delicious. So very, very good.

Thankfully I had a full dinner to sober up during. I likely only made a moderate ass out of myself. Eh. By this point, it's par for the course.

Tasty restaurant.

---

So, according to my office calendar, today (9/11) is "patriot day". When did they come up with an official holiday-ish name for 9/11? Did I miss something?

I was trolling through My Confined Space. Not surprisingly, there's tons of tasteless commentary on 9/11.

I think I'll just avoid the news today. The rhetoric is tiresome.

---

I taped Tuesday night's "Fringe" pilot. Thanks to last night's plans, I haven't had much time to watch it. I saw the first fifteen minutes as I ate breakfast this morning.

Nothing like eating oatmeal and watching someone's face melt on the telly.

Mmm...

No comments: