Monday, September 8, 2008

The Joy of Doing Nothing

It's funny how I can just fritter away time doing nothing. That's pretty much how my Saturday went. I can't think back on anything constructive I did. I just wasted time.

And it felt really, really good.

I watched ABC Family's Samurai Girl mini-series (which, for the record, is about as Japanese as I am... and I'm not Japanese). It was a very corny, cheesy, guilty pleasure (mainly 'cause Jaime Chung is hot). It wasn't a good show, but I was entertained.

Oh crap. I forgot to tape my anime shows on Saturday night. Goddamnit.

And that was my last free weekend for September. After this, the month gets crazy. I have to truck inland to visit my grandmother a couple days this week (yay! Rush hour commute! Gosh I've missed that...). Mid-week I hit a birthday dinner at a Cuban restaurant for one of my friends at work. Somewhere in this mix I'm taking yet another friend out for a birthday lunch.

Then the weekend is nerd-gaming-time as we continue last month's cliffhanger... oh you don't care. Suffice it to say, the day will be busy.

The following weekend is the BBQ I'm actually organizing/hosting. I'm starting to feel a little anxious about this, truth-be-told. I've never mixed this particular crowd of people in one place before and I'm rusty at organizing social gatherings altogether, so I'm having some trouble with logistics (soda? what do I tell people they should bring? does it matter? gah!!!)

I take the week after that off completely as Autumn arrives (likely with a heat wave). Hopefully I'll be able to recharge my batteries over that time 'cause the weekend of the 27th, I help some friends move to San Jose.

And then September is pretty much over a couple of days after that. October isn't looking very relaxed either. I have a wedding to hit the first weekend of October, then the gaming cycle starts again.

At least it won't be boring.

No comments: