Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Day of Tues shambles forth

  • My PC is still experiencing problems booting up. I think I've got it working now, after countless experiments, but I thought that before...
  • Preparing for a game. New players joining. I anticipate chaos and insanity. So, situation normal.
  • I think "Sleepy Hollow" is starting to lose me. Good start to a series, but this should really be a mini-series. "Supernatural" has done a better job with this material.
  • I'm now convinced that my continued attendance in my martial arts class is proof that I've got some kind of latent masochism going on. Funny, given that I really don't like pain. I must live in an Egyptian river.
  • Reading "Raven's Shadow" by Anthony Ryan. Very enjoyable thus far!
  • One of my current addictions is a webseries called RWBY. An "anime" created using the Poser 3D animation program. The animation is okay. A little clunky, but the voice actors and story make up for it. And the music... so the creators did four "preview" trailers set to music for the four main characters. Each involved music with vocals by a singer named Casey Lee Williams (who is apparently related to the composer, Jeff Williams). The songs just kick my ass. I've grabbed all the MP3s from Amazon and find myself hooked.
    No, I don't think you need to care about this. I share as a brain-dump.
  • Every time I turn on the news now, it's about some kind of meltdown. The U.S. government is shut down (and about to default on its loans) thanks to some right-wing terrorist nutjobs. BART is about to go on strike. Again. I have to say I'm starting to experience a bit of outrage fatigue over this. A bit.

No comments: