Monday, October 21, 2013

Just another manic Monday

  • Still hating Google's new login portal. I have to go to the damn Help menu to actually get a prompt for login/password. Fucking nonsense.
  • On the topic of nonsense: BART strike! Yes, BART is on strike and the Bay Area is fucked nicely. The news is split between blaming BART management and the unions. I suppose there's plenty of blame to spread around, but most of the news I'm hearing has it that there's two remaining points of contention. The unions apparently said something to the effect of "Okay, let's take these outstanding points to binding arbitration and go with that" while BART management said something to the effect of "Nuh-uh! That sounds too logical! We put everything in binding arbitration or we're taking our toys and going home!" And thus we have a strike. I dunno. I'm thinking I like the union stance, colored as I presented it.
  • Pacific Rim on DVD! YAY!
  • The BART strike doesn't affect my commute, thank the FSM, but it's utterly hosing the other things I had lined up this week. Feeling a smidge of rage there.
  • Still hating Yahoo's email redesign. Period. Looks like it's time to start transitioning away from Yahoo for my email purposes.

No comments: