Monday, October 28, 2013

Mondays Blow

  • We had a bit of a windstorm last night into this morning. I think the average wind-speed I saw on the news this morning was about 43 mph. Needless to say, I didn't ride my bike today. Looks like our Indian Summer ended in a hurry. Hope this means rain.
  • Started reading "The Republic of Thieves" by Scott Lynch. The third book in the Gentlemen Bastards series (the previous two are "The Lies of Locke Lamora" and "Red Sails Under Red Skies") continues where "Red Sails" left off. Locke is in a bad way and his one way out is... not a good one. This book finally starts to introduce the elusive, oft-mentioned but never-seen Sabetha, the off-camera love-interest of Locke. So far it's a fun read.
  • Re-watched Pacific Rim over the weekend. I'm still a bit shocked it didn't do all that fantastic in theaters. Sure, the acting is fairly-awful and cliche. The characters are cardboard cut-outs. Still, how is that different than most movies that do well in the box office? And this had giant robots fighting giant monsters! Plus Ron Perlman! I weep for the future.
  • Tweaked my neck on Friday night doing a bad roll in my martial arts class. Will this stop me from going again this week? Probably not. I believe that's a definition of stupid. Or insane. Or both. Could be both.

No comments: