Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A few sputterings of nothing

  • I continue to make my way through "The Republic of Thieves". I'm not even a quarter in and I'm remembering why I love Lynch's characters so much. I wish I'd taken the time to re-read "The Lies of Locke Lamora" and "Red Sails Under Red Skies", but I can vaguely remember the previous plots just fine.
  • I never sleep quite so well as I do when Autumn starts to get cool. Then it's so very, very hard to get out of bed in the morning. It's slightly easier when heavy-footed upstairs neighbors are fucking around at 1:30 am, but that's a bit early for me. *sigh*
  • If anyone tells you that your upstairs neighbors have hardwood floors but the insulation will prevent you from hearing them, know this: it's a lie. A terrible, terrible lie.
  • I'm developing a taste for a Whiskey Rebellion (essentially a Manhattan with an extra half-shot of bittersweet Vermouth).
  • I'm a fan of the music of Bear McCreary, the fellow who did the score to the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica" series as well as the excellent first season of "Human Target". Out of an urge for new instrumental listening, I picked up the score to the blissfully-cancelled disaster known as "The Cape" (Google it if you don't know of this show... and for the love of the FSM, don't poison your mind by watching it). Good score. So much better than that awful program deserved.

No comments: