Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reactions: Ep 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Watched "Eye-Spy", episode 4 of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." last night. It was the best of the four thus far, but the series is still feeling tepid, directionless, and bland. In a nutshell, Coulson takes the team after a rogue agent, then shit gets real.

It was a good episode for Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen. They got good scenes and I kind of love their on-screen dynamic. Solid professionals without any contrived sexual tension. Fitz and Simmons are slowly (ever so slowly) growing on me, but I mostly tune them out as banter-engines and technobabble-suppliers at this point. Ward and Skye are fast becoming my least favorite characters and consistently bug me. They should axe both characters and bring in Pascale Armand's character as a replacement. The Skye-Coulson dynamic is also bugging me. It feels too forced and contrived.

I'm really hoping the writers figure out what they're doing and get this series on some kind of interesting course.

No comments: