Friday, January 11, 2013

Wonderous Friday Goodness

Another blessed Friday arrives. Thank the FSM!

The latest cold snap is really doing a number on me. I keep thinking I'm fighting a bug (which may be true... half the people I know are down with colds or the flu). Could also be allergies, as I'm pretty sure the heating vents in every building I spend time within have not been cleaned in my lifetime.

Once again, the alarm woke me out of a deep sleep. Sadness.



According to today's "Worst Case Scenario" calendar, today's hero is Amelia Earheart. Why did they pick her for today? I've no idea.

Tomorrow's is a list of some marine creatures that can kill you without using their teeth. They include the Box Jellyfish, the Rabbitfish, the Cone Shell Snail, and the Barracuda.

The Box Jellyfish apparently uses toxin. Kills in minutes. Good times.

It's just one of those many deadly creatures that like to linger in Australia, apparently. I swear Australians must be the toughest people on the FSM's green Earth. Seems to me that every other damn thing in that country is potentially lethal.

But I digress. Next is the Rabbitfish. Found in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, the spines are insanely venomous. So deadly are they that the poison can still kill after the fish is dead and being prepared by a butcher.

Good times there.

The Cone Shell Snail apparently is all over the damn place in the tropics. Has a barb of paralyzing venom that can kill a human.

That's just all manner of wrong.

This is one of the many reasons why I'm not keen on swimming in the ocean.

Barracuda apparently have some kind of toxin and "kill humans who eat flesh of infected fish." Wait, what? So it kills people who eat infected barracuda or fish that barracuda inflicted their nasty little toxin upon?

I don't think I really want to know. Another tropical death machine, regardless.

Sweet Raptor Jesus that's just wrong.

No comments: