Saturday, January 19, 2013

Au Revoir, Fringe

"Fringe" ended its five-year run last night.

I'm still processing the two-hour finale.

As J.J. Abrams shows go, this finale didn't suck. Not as compared with "Lost", certainly, but it wasn't entirely satisfying.

The entire fifth season felt rushed and compressed. The last two hours of the series especially so.

I'll always feel disappointed that Astrid got very little actual story development of her own or that they did very little with Peter's nomad background before joining the Fringe team.

That said, the finale offered closure in a timey-whimey weirdness fashion that would have made Steven Moffatt proud. I maintain that TV shows just can't do time-travel well and I'm moving on from there.

I'll miss "Fringe" and its weird-science-of-the-week. I'll miss Walter and his random, yet hysterical utterings. I'll miss the cow. I'll miss the Observers (prior to the invasion). I'll miss the blimps.

*sigh*

No comments: