Monday, January 14, 2013

Grubbin'

Milk and I do not get along.

You don't want more details.

That said, I had a milkshake this weekend for the first time in eons. The place (Victory Burger in Oakland) offered some kind of vegan shake.

Yeah. Vegan.

Usually when I read or hear "vegan", it conjures up images of something that tastes sprout-y and unappealing. In this case, it was some kind of coconut milk and soy-whatsit. Only it was blended with Belgian chocolate powder.

Now, on top of all of this, I detest the taste of coconut. I absolutely loathe it.

All that said, the vegan whatsit chocolate shake was absolutely sublime. It was to die for. The burger was damn good too. Victory Burger offers some kind of interesting bun option called "arepa", which is some kind of cornmeal street-snack in Venezuela and Colombia (or so their menu says).

It was very dense but tasty. The burger was the kind that gets all over the damn place and tastes like nine different kinds of heaven.

I love living in the Bay Area.

No comments: