Thursday, January 10, 2013

Today in Banality

Comcast finally synchronized my cable access with the downgrade to my plan I got a few months back. Lost all sorts of channels, including SyFy.

I feel strangely unconcerned.

It was nice to catch reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Big Bang Theory" on TBS, but I can see reruns of that other ways.

Sure beats paying through the nose for all that other crap.



Today's lesson in the "Worst Case Scenario" calendar is How to Land a Runaway Hot Air Balloon.

I hope to never, ever need this knowledge. Mostly 'cause I do not plan to ever willingly go up in a balloon.



Trader Joe's, in their never-ending goal to induce diabetes and/or heart failure in my life, are pimping a new form of crack: "Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels".

They are unreal.

Servings per container: about 5. Calories per serving: 200. Calories from fat: 80.

They're little bite-sized things the size of a peanut M&M. They remind me a bit of Trader Joe's "Dark Chocolate Tahitian Vanilla Caramels" (which are also addictive and deadly).

So deliciously deadly.

No comments: