Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Even more banality for the same price!

I'm trying to keep the momentum going with the whole exercise routine. I really am. This cold snap isn't really helping.

Compared to parts of the country (or the world) that gets snow, we're doing just fine here. It's goddamn cold in the mornings but by late afternoon, it's just chilly.

Still, as a Bay Area dweller, my tolerance for temperature differentials has pretty much been tossed out the window.

If it's hotter than 78 F or colder than 60 F, then I find myself quite unhappy.

It's been a bit colder than 60 F of late.

Still, I did manage to get a run (or something that might resemble a run if you didn't look too carefully and you had a lot to drink... and something in your eye... and dark sunglasses... and... oh wait, I'm getting off-track) in yesterday.

It's my hope that when martial arts starts again, I won't be too horribly fried by warm-ups.



I'm trying to parse out just how incredibly insane some people in my home country can get.

The whole "truther" bullshit behind the Sandy Hook shootings is kind of boggling my mind.

I consider myself a bit of a cynic in that I espouse a belief that human beings can always get more insane, ridiculous, or stupid, but the claim that Sandy Hook was some kind of government black op to take away people's guns is just... wow.

I don't think the words: "MIND-NUMBINGLY FUCKING INSANE AND STUPID BEYOND WORDS" adequately cover how appallingly stupid I find that idea to be.

A school full of kids and their teachers were shot and killed by a nut with access to weapons that can clear a room in seconds of all life.

That's just fucked up and it's wrong and the current system needs to be fixed so that kind of thing can't happen again.

It's that simple. There are, of course, other opinions on that subject (Google the NRA for those views).

Fucking hell.



So the payroll tax hit... um... hit.

Ouch.

I'm curious how this will affect the economic recovery. Average take-home pay just dropped at a time when we're all trying to get our finances in order.

I suspect people will opt to spend less, first out of mild panic, then out of necessity. That's going to slow things down, I expect.

Except for the folks buying guns. Gah.

No comments: