Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zen State

My increasing frustration with my precious and lovely little iPod is souring me on Apple as a whole. I'm now starting to seriously look back at Creative Labs offerings. I have one of their little MuVo MP3 players. It's crap next to the iPod, but it worked and it took AAA batteries, so it was easy to deal with battery failure.

The Creative Zen looks like an iPod ripoff, but with a broader range of software so I don't have to deal with the proprietary bloatware that is iTunes.

Maybe.

I'm in no rush with this. My budget this year is kind of tight, so I'm disinclined to switch players just yet.

Never hurts to have options, though.

1 comment:

Aaron Britton said...

You should check out, dare I say it, Microsoft's Zune. It seems to actually be the best thing out there for music currently. Having a cool OLED screen helps a lot.