Thursday, February 25, 2010

Luggage


Some time ago, I got the Patagonia MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-On) bag in anticipation of resuming travels from here to there.

It took up dust for about six months and then was put into use with my recent trip to a lovely tropical environment.

This may well have been one of the best purchases I've ever made.

The MLC is a sturdy, water-resistant construction with ample room for several changes of clothes as well as various other sundries. It's got a shoulder strap and can convert into a backpack, as needed. I was able to squeeze the following into mine:
- two changes of clothes
- a toiletries kit
- a 17" laptop
- various cables for said laptop and other electronic devices
- two paperback books
- a sweatshirt
- a first aid kit (I'm obsessive...)

And I think I had a few other things stuffed in there. I can't exactly recall what they were (they must've been TSA safe so I doubt they were exciting).

The bag fit comfortably in overhead bins in airplanes and could squeeze under the seat in front of me in the one instance where I didn't have overhead bin space closeby.

The zippers were well-constructed and all the straps seemed very sturdy. The bag has a separate compartment for laptops and it fit mine with room to spare.

I'd recommend it, for what that's worth.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Patagonia or any kind of travel or luggage company. Nobody's paying me to review this product. I'm just offering an opinion, for what that's worth. I lifted the .jpeg of the bag from the Patagonia site.

No comments: