Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lessons on Travel

Having just returned from a tropical vacation a few hours ago, I find myself jetlagged, bleary-eyed, and reflecting on the past week.

- Kinekt rings and sand are not an ideal combination

- When I enjoy something (like a locally-brewed Amber), I'm apparently not subtle in expressing myself.

- The TSA's front-line staff are really, really nice

- American Airlines has some really nice staff as well

- Miami Airport places their passport control and customs areas a good mile or six from the gates. It's a tad sadistic.

- Few things are freakier than learning I've missed a connecting flight

- Few things are more relieving than having the airline step up and take care of matters

- It's necessary... indeed, mandatory, to make offerings to the air gods before flying. Otherwise... well, my return trip sucked ass. That's all that needs to be said on that topic.

It's good to be home, despite the grey rain.

No comments: