Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ruminations

Kind of a pompous title.
--
I'm still mentally processing that news article about someone waterboarding a 4-year-old. The kid was found with bruises too. I hope the parent who hurt her is put away forever in a small box.
--
I'm flying soon. Off to a place where the sun shines a lot.

I hate packing for a trip. I hate trying to figure out what I'll need and what I can take in a carry-on vs checked luggage.

I hate flying, actually. The actual act of going into the air is fine. It's all the b.s. involved in airports that I dislike. The TSA idiocy that passes for security makes me irritable and doesn't make me feel particularly safe. I'm also always afraid the airlines will lose my checked bag. Ugh.

Still, it's likely going to be worth it.
--
I watched the latest "Lost" episode. Kate-centric.

I'm not a fan of Kate (or Jack, or Locke). I'd be happy if those three characters had been killed off early in the show. That said, it wasn't a bad episode overall.

What boggles my mind with six seasons of this show is the portrayal of the "Others" (the so-called natives of the mysterious island). These jackasses have no people skills at all. Ignoring the fact that they capture the heroes constantly and abuse them, the Others seem genuinely surprised when the heroes don't trust them and try to get away from them.

It's like the writers are spiking the Kool-Aid a bit too much.

A reality check (such as there can be one) wouldn't hurt. I mean, the Others go and torture one character 'cause he's inconveniently come back from the dead. They then turn around and ask another character to trust them.

Really? Seriously? I can understand that they may think the heroes are idiots (that's mostly true) but there are some limits to stupidity.
--
I'm tired and I forgot to feed the shoggoth.

Oh well. That's really not too much of a concern, I guess.

No comments: