Thursday, February 11, 2010

Technology Slave

It's amazing how attached some people get to some of the every-day items that have become part of our lives.

I'm particularly-bad, given the ungodly amount of junk I carry every day. In this case, I'm not talking about the more esoteric crap I usually cart around. I'm talking about an item most people usually carry.

Yep. A cell phone.

This morning, I couldn't find mine. No idea where it was.

I was already disoriented 'cause my alarm clock (the same clock that updates itself from some atomic clock in Colorado) failed me, causing me to get up a half-hour early.

Sleep-deprived and a little punchy, I ripped my apartment apart for a good forty-five minutes trying to find my cell.

I barely use the thing, but I know how the Fates work. As soon as I can't find it, that's when I'll need it.

The Fates are quirky that way.

I finally found it. No idea how it got to that obscure corner of the chaos that is my apartment, but I guess I'll chalk that up to the same influences that scrambled my alarm clock.

Sparkly unicorns, probably.

Goddamn unicorns.

No comments: