Thursday, December 18, 2008

Very, very WTF

So apparently some couple decided to name their child "Adolph Hitler Campbell". They didn't stop there. They named a daughter "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell".

I read about it on sfgate.com for reference.

So I just have to wonder:

* Do the parents really hate their kids that much?

* Does this constitute child abuse?

Seriously. Why name your kid using the one name one could argue is the most villified in the 20th century? Do you want your kid to get the crap kicked out of him a lot?

I joke about naming my firstborn "Darth Vader" or "Nyarlathotep" (regardless of the child's gender), but I'd only really do that if I wanted to be murdered in my sleep during the child's early teen years (this would assume I had a child with a woman who shares my suicidal and inappropriate sense of humor, but I digress).

I get that the parents in the story are some kind of white-trash supremicist bigots or whatever, but c'mon... I've known hard-core white-supremicist bigots in my life. Even those folks weren't that stupid (and they were, for the record, very, very stupid...).

Boggles the mind.

No comments: