Monday, December 1, 2008

the fog (insert creepy music)

It's impressively-foggy this morning.

'Tis the season, I suppose.

Yesterday, I had to head out to Concord to do some shopping. I opted to take Hwy 4 in to scenic central/eastern CoCo County and as soon as I got on the freeway, I lost pretty much any visibility that was more than three feet in front of my car.

Ever been in tooley fog? No?

It's pretty damn thick.

The worst tooley fog I recall was back when I lived in the central valley. I'd gone to a friend's party in Berkeley and - like a true braniac - drove home at 2am. Oh, I was fine to drive (tired, but quite sober). I just wasn't smart.

You see, around the winter season, the tooley fog sets in. It's a low, thick fog that's pretty much impossible to see through. That particular evening it was very, very bad. Visibility was so horrific that I was afraid to pull over for fear of getting hit by speeding cars. I wound up following a truck to my destination and managing by sheer luck to find the correct freeway exit and get home.

Two hours later.

So my trek on Hwy 4 brought back all those lovely memories as I struggled to make my way into scenic Concord to complete my errands.

Good times.

And this morning, there's fog again. It's not the valley tooley fog (thank goodness), but served as excuse enough for my lazy self to drive into work.

Pretty wimpy of me. Oh well.

No comments: