Monday, December 1, 2008

Princeps' Fury

I just finished Jim Butcher's latest novel, "Princeps' Fury". The latest in the Codex Alera series, this was...

Wow.

Jim Butcher and Patrick Rothfuss pretty much hold the lead in my list of favorite authors. Butcher might edge out Rothfuss, but only due to sheer volume of books.

"Princeps' Fury" continues the story of Tavi, the former assistant shepherd who now commands an army over the sea and fights alongside former enemies against a worse threat.

Meanwhile, back in Alera, the fit has hit the shan.

And I mean "shan" in the Lovecraft sense.

Butcher is a master of action-driven narrative and strong characters. Sweet Nyarlathotep's toenails was this book good.

It doesn't help that I've been listening to part of the "Gears of War 2" soundtrack as I finished the last quarter of the book.

I am totally spinning now.

It's hard to be me.

No comments: