Monday, December 15, 2008

Necromancy 101 (or Monday morning)

Rain pitter-pattered against my window this morning around 1am. Then it stopped with the pittering and the pattering and decided to do an impromptu "Rock Band" tryout.

I love the rain. My main disappointment for this weekend was the lack of strong, serious rain amidst the cold (my other was the building's water heater going out...).

And to this Bay Area child, it was pretty damn cold.

Mainly, I love sleeping in to the rain. On weekends, that's a treat. On Monday morning... not so much. It's hard enough to get out of my warm bed into the freezing rest-of-my-apartment on a winter morning. Add the soft lullabye of rain (or even the machinegun fire of heavy rain) and it's a Herculean task to get the hell up.

At least now the damn water heater is working. Cold showers on a cold morning? Not fun. It crapped out sometime late Saturday night and Sunday morning was... chilly.

And the weekend is over. Now the last full work-week of the year begins.

Such as it will be a full work week. It's pretty much a series of parties broken up with an evening of Bruce Campbell goodness at one point.

I could totally get used to this.

No comments: