Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heh

This is in the Xmas spirit... for 2008.

Alas.

---

So at the urging of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans, I watched the first two of the "webisodes" leading into the series finale.

Mildly intriguing but overall I felt a profound sense of "meh". I'm sure this is all building up to the "big reveal" of the final Cylon.

I stopped caring about who the final Cylon was when they did the reveal of the last four.

I have to admit, I kind of liked how season 4 left off before the hiatus. It was kind of neat, but the series has been a bit of a letdown for me since they resolved the "New Caprica occupation" storyline.

One of my friends asked me if she could borrow BSG Season one to indoctori... uh... let her daughter watch. I one-upped and offered my entire DVD set for her viewing pleasure.

My friend was a bit surprised and asked me if I wouldn't want to keep some to watch for the pending January episodes.

I found it hard to express how little I care to retread backstory going into the final episodes. If I re-watch past seasons of BSG, I might not want to watch the final eps.

I'd rather let the memories of my disappointment fade so I can get somewhat excited for some science fiction programming again.

Yes, I take this stuff seriously. It's pathetic, but there it is.

No comments: