Friday, December 12, 2008

Tick (eon passes) tick (eon passes) tick...

The minutes slowly tick towards the end of Friday (which, at time of writing this post, is incredibly far off).

And as I await my coffee buddy for my much-needed injection of coffee #2, many thoughts vie for the limited processing space in my under-caffeinated brain.

---
I have a party to go to tomorrow. It's supposed to storm and the snow level is supposed to drop to 2000 feet (which means it's gonna be goddamn cold).

What the hell should I bring to the party? I'm thinking brownies go well with the theme.

---

Scharffenberger has the right marketing model: spend XX dollars and you get a free box of truffles. Mmm... truffles.

And they're tasty truffles!

Mmm... truffles.

---

I have a bag of small oranges (or are they tangerines?) here. Vitamin C goodness, but not really satisfying in conjunction with the chilly office.

---

The air conditioning just came on. Air conditioning. WTF? It's in the 40's outside. Why the hell did the cold air come on?

---

I require the "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog" DVD.

---

Next week I shall see the Chin and enjoy "My Name is Bruce". It shall be glorious!

---

I found a cast listing for that insane "Shine on Me" video that plays like an MTV version of Dungeons & Dragons:

Cast: Chris Dane Owens is Jade; Ciel Post is Princess Arra; Kelly Hekking is
Aelin, a Daughter of Starlight; Cheyenne McKinney, Nina Fehren and Mary Hayden
are the mystic sisters; Jay Schulz is Sterling, Captain of the Fleet

I'd just like to put out there for the record that I am undecided who I am more obsessed with at this juncture:

- Ciel Post (and I am normally not a fan of redheads at all, but she can ciel my post anytime)
- Mary Hayden (mmm... gothic witch chick with limited emotive abilities)
- Kelly Hekking (mmm... starlight)

Wow. I really wrote "she can ciel my post anytime". My coffee need is stronger than I thought.

Apparently my need for entertainment is strong too, given that I'm actually re-watching this video. Shoot me. Please.

---

I started re-reading (okay, re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reading) Stephen King's "Firestarter". Even though it's pretty dated, damn I love that book.

Who would've thought that pay phones would become anachronistic so soon?

---

Vicky just ping'd me about the OotS zombie t-shirts.

I love the message:

Zombies: 100% post-consumer human. Reduce. Reuse. Reanimate.

And, of course, I suffer from terrible impulse-spending issues, so I want one. Now.

What stops me from transmitting my credit card info at this moment is that these ain't cheap and I'm undecided if I want a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, or a hoodie.

Or all three.

And a coffee mug.

Crap. I really need that coffee.

---

I've been trying to revisit the stories I've been eternally working on. I'm trying to resist the urge to delete and start over from scratch. This is how I never get anything done.

Driving me nuts.

---

Friday. I'm so very, very glad it's Friday.

No comments: