Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Penny in the air

io9 reports that the SyFy channel (best known for believing pro wrestling and craptacular reality TV constitute science fiction programming) is going to take a stab (by which I mean, possibly murder with extreme prejudice) at Terry Nation's "Blake's 7".

I've mentioned "Blake's 7" in prior posts. No sense re-inventing the wheel here. io9's take pretty much covers my thoughts on the matter. I wonder if SyFart is hoping for the next "Battlestar Galactica" with this property.

I swear, if they do the angel thing with "Blake's 7" there WILL BE HELL TO PAY! Irony understood and accepted.

Honestly, this should be a slam-dunk, even for the idiots at SyFy's executive level. You hardly need to tweak the characters in the least. Hell, the hammy style of the original series fits perfectly with the insanely-bad "monster of the week" offerings on SyFy.

Too bad I won't see it. I'm downgrading my cable and SyF*ck is the one casualty in my short list of channels that I might actually have once cared about.

No comments: