Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday. I welcome you.

Some weeks feel as though the time-space continuum is conspiring to just mess with us mere mortals.

Why yes, I have been watching my library of old "Dr. Who" eps. Why do you ask?

Nevermind.

The weekend is upon us. August is nearly out the door.

I'm nearly done with "The Apocalypse Codex". I read that it's inspired by the old "Modesty Blaise" series (which I vaguely knew of and had to look up on Wikipedia to understand properly). Now that I get the homage bit, I'm impressed with Stross and his attention to fan-boy detail.

Props to you, Mr. Stross!

My apartment smells of chocolate chip cookies from last night's baking endeavor (part of a birthday gift). I nibbled on a casualty of the cookie pan. Damn. Good stuff. I almost regret giving them away.

(Pauses to check out the gut.)

Almost.

Back to martial arts next week. Whee!

I'm so tired.

No comments: