Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cleaning up the act

As I've previously mentioned, ThinkGeek are pushers.

Pushers of awesome.

Some time back, I got a Laundry Pod from them (when they offered such in stock).

My goal was simple: I have martial arts uniforms that usually need washing more frequently than a trip to the laundry room (requiring quarters) or laundromat makes practical.

The laundry pod handles my problem, for the most part. It barely fits a full uniform (though, keep in mind, these things are pretty bulky).

It's pretty simple: it puts the clothes in the basket. It gets the hose (or whatever your water source is) to fill the pod. It... you know, I'm going to stop doing my Silence of the Lambs joke now. It's too creepy.

Anyway, you put your clothes in a basket not unlike a salad-spinner interior. You fill it halfway with water. You add some detergent. You spin it manually for a couple of minutes (nice little arm workout). You drain it (it's got a built-in draining mechanism). You fill it up with more water for rinse. You spin. You drain it. You put your clothes out on a line to dry. Easy peasy.

Best investment of 2012 so far.

No comments: