Thursday, August 23, 2012

More thoughts on the Klarus XT 11

So now I've had a couple of days to think more on that Klarus XT 11 flashlight I previously mentioned.

I still love it.

I find myself comparing it with other lights I own.

When compared with the Surefire Defender that I got... some time back, it's got a bit less-heft. The strike bezel is less-pronounced, but that's not a bad thing. That said, it's got more lighting options than the Defender. The Surefire has a more comfortable grip while the Klarus protects the activation buttons better. They both use the same kind of batteries.

When compared with the Maratac AA Tactical Flashlight, it's got a healthy amount more heft to it. The Maratac's got crenelations around the activation button to act as a strike bezel, which makes for an interesting choice. It's got fewer lighting features than the Klarus (and is considerably cheaper). The Maratac also takes an AA battery, unlike the Surefire or Klarus.

I'm not sure any of these "win" in a comparison. Each does what they're supposed to do. And, honestly, I don't really need all these uber-bright lights, but they're awfully handy given my work hours.

I didn't really come up with any conclusion here, did I?

I guess my conclusion is that I quite like the Klarus XT 11 still. I regret nothing.

No comments: