Thursday, August 30, 2012

A little of this...

Martial arts has officially started. Had a promotion ceremony last night. It was a bit of a hoot. Nice to see so many hard-working students get their next level in the style.

I promoted as well, but it was less of a big deal, all things considered. Not really a monumental or epic leap in the ranks. Felt anticlimactic on my end, but I wasn't really expecting to feel any different, so I'm not sure "anticlimactic" is the right word. Maybe "meh"?

I find my relationship with my martial arts club to be a funny one. I'm not a particularly athletic person by nature or inclination, nor am I a joiner of groups. So I find it difficult to "bond" with club-mates/classmates in the same manner that I have difficulty shooting the shit over sports events and the like.

Thus, I like the instruction parts of class, but am rarely inclined to participate in social aspects, tournaments, and all that fun stuff. I find such things awkward and weird.

Dunno. Guess it's not all that noteworthy, but I find it odd.



The moon is full this fine morning. Its glowing eye was always just off to the side as I pedaled in to the office.

I love mornings and evenings with a full moon. Justifies the howling and all that.



The long weekend can't get here fast enough.

No comments: