Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Robbin' Hood

This story is just too strange not to tell.

So I've whined about the fluorescent lights that are giving me splitting (and at times, crippling) headaches.

I'm not the only person in my office (or on my floor) suffering this problem, though I'm unsure if others suffer the same severity I deal with.

I compensate as I can. I have an IKEA-obtained leaf-shaped thing that's supposed to serve as a canopy for a child's bed over my monitor. I wear a baseball cap and sunglasses indoors, all day long.

My office HR department even suggested wearing a hat when I made a formal request for some kind of change.

Big help there.

I found out yesterday that someone decided to run with the hat idea.

One of my co-workers got a classic "witch hat" with some kind of weird dangly things along the rim. It's freakin' huge, but it appears to do the trick for her.

Got me thinking.

In ancient times (aka "college"), I obtained a monk's robe, complete with a detachable cowl/hood. I've used it as a Halloween costume from time-to-time.

Last night, I dug out the cowl and stuffed it into my bag.

So now I'm sitting in my office, wearing a monk's cowl and sunglasses while I work.

And I hate to admit it, but it's actually working to stave off the headache.

The Dark Side is stronger.

No comments: