Friday, June 11, 2010

Automobiles

Let's talk cars, shall we?

They're expensive.

Duh.

The minute the car keys are in your hand after purchase, they depreciate in value. Once you drive, boom. Lost even more in value.

And they need lots of love and attention. Expensive attention.

Thus comes that moment of depreciating returns when you get maintenance done and are told: "Here's the $1,700 more work that needs to be done. Soon."

Then comes the time to take a long, hard look at your wheels. Is your car even worth $1,700 by this point?

Can you afford new wheels?

Is this a bad time for a new debt?

It's all good times.

Y'know... in the way that it isn't good at all.

Needless to say, I'm in the position where I'm evaluating whether or not new wheels is a great idea. I'm about 90% certain that come this time tomorrow, I'll have a new car.

I'll miss my trusty old car. I really will. It's just time.

*sigh*

No comments: