Monday, June 7, 2010

Advancing Decrepitude

This weekend's overall theme appeared to be little messages of how I'm becoming my grandparents.

It hit me first Friday. I don't want to talk about Friday.

Saturday I nagged one of my friends to turn off the light in my kitchen. I think I said something to the effect of: You know electricity costs money, right?

It didn't come out as funny as it sounded in my head.

Sunday was the kicker. I was out picking up comic books and got in a conversation with the staff over nerdy topics (shocking, I know). We got on the topic of implanting RFID chips under the skin.

The newest staff member at the comic store - a teenage(?) girl - was all for the chip and any other cybernetics. No paranoia regarding technology in the least. Wide-eyed and eager, we determined she's ready for the singularity.

Me? I'm going to be composted by our mechanical overlords.

They'll have to find my cave first.

No comments: