Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Raised to Disneyish Heights

Some days just come with a silly theme.

Today's one of those days. There's an exhausted giddiness that's in most of my interactions with others.

While getting coffee, I found myself in a good five-minute discussion of how Disney is dysfunctional and perverted (when compared with the Republican nuclear-family view).

Evidence:
* The only Disney heroine who has both parents is Sleeping Beauty and she's in a coma for most of her story.
* Donald Duck is a sailor, has three "nephews" but you never see or hear reference to Donald's sibling(s), and he wears no pants. Same with the "nephews".
* The lessons taught to boys and girls are... well, there's tons of discussion on this topic.

Moving on.

Then there's the discussion I had with my friend V that wound up with this quote:

Sloth vs OCD in a cage match to the yawn!

Yeah. Good times.

It's just gonna be one of those days.

No comments: