Monday, June 7, 2010

Blargh rawr grah ugrh grunt

One of my friends - trawling teh Intertoobs - found the alleged promo score for The Last Airbender, M. Night Shyamalan's live-action take on "Avatar: The Last Airbender". He forwarded me some tracks.

Apparently it's done by James Newton Howard rather than the Track Team, the guys who did the TV series.

Can't say I'm impressed. The Howard stuff I've heard sounds very... bland. The Track Team's score for the TV series had a better feel for the setting and the energy level of the show.

Of course, the Howard stuff might have the same thing going for it, which doesn't bode well for the movie.

***

Ah obsession. You are a cruel mistress. Why do you taunt me with so much shiny? Why?

Oooh... shiny...

***

The weather has finally shifted to the point where I'm busting out shorts. I love my office lack-of-a-dress code.

***

I'm still shocked my 12-hour marathon game on Saturday actually went through okay. There were a few bumps but it seemed to play out fine.

***

Multiple mai tais over the weekend have helped me rebuild a bit of my shattered alcohol tolerance. The mini-keg of Newcastle Erik brought to the game also helped.

And my tolerance still isn't what it was.

***

Summer officially begins in two weeks. Apparently.

No comments: