Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekending

Exhausting weekend. Jupiter's beers are stronger than I was prepared for, thus throwing my Friday into unexpected tipsy-ness.

In retrospect, that may have been for the best. I was too tired to rouse myself to go out after I got home.

Saturday morning was not a terribly-fun experience, but it could have been worse. Breakfast helped subdue any lingering effects from Friday's pints.

I then opted to get out-the-door and re-stock on my supply of baking chocolate. Since Scharffenberger closed their Berkeley location, it's been a bit of a pain in the arse to get the 99% cacao baking bars that I require for brownies. The ferry building in San Francisco has a Scharffenberger stand, so I braved the tourist insanity to get what I needed.

Sweet bejebus there were a lot of people.

I notice a certain behavior with crowds. When I'm walking briskly in a stright line to get to my destination, people in front of me sort of zig-zag as they meander. It's a subtle thing, but it's real and three-quarters of the time they're zagging their damn zig right into my path.

Usually I try to flow around these people, but I was testy and hung-over Saturday, so I sort of body-checked a few people. I wish I felt sorry about it.

I hate crowds.

I left the city quickly upon obtaining what I needed. The number of people was giving me a slight anxiety attack (no doubt assisted by my lingering hangover).

I wasn't really in any state to be interacting with people, so I went home and only left my apartment to grab lunch, groceries, or do a bit of jogging.

Sunday was some welcome family time. I spent most of the afternoon bonding with my dad then caught up with the rest of the family as they trickled in. We feasted on an insanely-delicious dinner and I think I'm still full from it this morning.

Gonna be a long week now.

No comments: