Sunday, May 30, 2010

Good Times

I'm getting old.

I met up with a family member yesterday and had some beers. If memory serves, I think I had four or maybe five imperial pints. And it was pretty strong stuff for beer.

I didn't have it on an empty stomach. I had it with half a pizza.

Usually that sort of thing would cause me to get tipsy at best.

Instead, I have no recollection of leaving the bar nor coming home. The last thing I clearly recall was finishing my beer. I think I remember getting up to leave. Then I'm face down on my bed and it's five hours later.

Kind of disturbing.

My best guess (beyond being old) is that my system is still processing bits of that bug from last week. I've noticed that everything (caffeine, sugar, etc.) has hit me harder since that bug. Stands to reason booze would have a stronger effect too.

Kind of scary.

And, not one to learn my lesson, I went out after I woke from my unscheduled nap for even more drinking last night.

At least I remember that... ye gods.

Time to find that wagon and climb back on.

No comments: