Wednesday, May 19, 2010

so sick

Sometime early on Tuesday morning, I noticed something was amiss. Breakfast wasn't settling very well. I was nauseous and... well, I'll spare you the details.

Before too long, I realized I was going to have trouble functioning at work, so I went home sick.

And oh did I get sick.

I wasn't home an hour before I got the chills, body aches, and realized I was developing a fever. Food was completely unappealing and wouldn't stay down anyway.

Sometime around 5pm, I took a shot of Nyquil and put my head down on the pillow for the requisite weird dreams.

Fourteen hours later I awoke. I'm fairly sure I got up over the night to... ah... deal with calls of nature. I know I called into the office saying I wasn't going to be at work today.

Otherwise, it was pretty much a solid fourteen hours of sleep.

The chills are gone. The fever appears to be gone. The body aches are mostly gone. I was able to eat breakfast (the only food I've had in nearly twenty-four hours) and it's... restless.

I'm still sick. I can feel it. The loooooong nap certainly helped me get over the worst of it (so far). I'm gonna chill today and hope I shake it completely so I can return to the office tomorrow.

On a whim, I've weighed myself. I've lost a good five pounds so far. Yeah... that's not good.

No comments: