Friday, May 7, 2010

Just felt like it

I'm not sure if I believe in the soul. If it exists, then music is what sustains it on this end of the mortal coil.

I'm not sure I believe in damnation, but if it exists, I'm sure good intentions make up a sizable portion of the road to there.

I'm not sure I believe in heaven, but if it exists, they have chocolate. I wonder if the road there is made up of bad intentions?

Either way, I'm pretty sure both routes are liberally-sprinkled with regrets.

I'm not sure I believe in God, but if God exists, God's sense of humor is pretty wild.

I believe in wrath. I feel that pretty much every day. I believe in patience. I just don't have much of it.

I believe in lust. Oh yes, I believe in lust. Chastity? That's an annoying one.

I believe in sloth. It may be one of my favorite of the deadly sins. I believe in diligence. When I find it, it's often called "OCD".

I believe in gluttony. It may well be my other favorite of the deadly sins. What the hell is "temperance"?

I believe in pride. It's elusive on days when it's needed and pops up when it should take a break. I believe in humility. That seems to be life's main lesson.

I believe in envy. It often shows up when pride is off dithering somewhere. I believe in kindness. It's surprisingly common and shockingly elusive.

I believe in greed. I think the other sins are just this one with different wrapping. I believe in charity, I guess.

I believe perversity and irony make up the foundations of a Universe on a dance with entropy throughout a period of time we call "existence" or "life". It's an obnoxious viewpoint, but I'm not asking others to share it.

No comments: