Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Enough is enough

I've yanked Iain Sinclair from my list of shopping sites I enjoy.

I've had it with them.

As I mentioned before, I've had a long-outstanding order for an Eon Extreme floodlight.

The ship date just shifted. Again.

I get when a company has production issues. I really do. These things happen.

I don't accept when a company's behavior is:

* charge for a purchase up-front then take forever to ship.
* don't clearly-communicate shipping delays.
* continually have the same delay over-and-over.

When you purchase an item from Iain Sinclair Ltd, you're charged up front. Their items on their main (not FAQ) page list an approximate wait of 28 days to ship.

So you're hit for the cash immediately and you wait (and wait and wait...). When the wait is more than a month, you're essentially giving them an interest-free loan while you continue to wait and wait...

If you want more details on what the hell is taking so long, you have to work your way through their site, find the FAQs page, and get the real skinny or send them an email and hope someone replies. They're about 50-50 on replies. Sometimes they're dead-on and reply quickly. Sometimes it's firing off into the void.

What really pisses me off about them is that you can go to the Eon Extreme main page right now and see they're still claiming it's going to take 28 days to ship. They claim the same on their shopping page.

This is despite the fact that they've had delays on shipping this since... October of 2011?

I've had it with merchants like this. They've got clever ideas, but their business model sucks ass.

No comments: