Thursday, March 29, 2012

One of many reasons why I'm not a Jedi

Yoda used to bitch to Luke about his lack of patience in The Empire Strikes Back.

I think Luke is a whiny punk and a bit pathetic, but I'm kind of down with that personality flaw.

I also lack patience.

Unlike Skywalker, I wouldn't hesitate to succumb to the Dark Side. There's just something about being able to throw lightning that appeals. Besides, I love wearing black.

Wait. This wasn't what I planned to post.

Back up.

So, I've posted a few times about the Eon Extreme Floodlight by Iain Sinclair.

Waaaaaaay back in late 2011, I placed an order for one to replace (or back up) the one I purchased earlier in the year. I previously indicated a bit of a problem with my first purchase of said light.

Since then, the ship date for the Eon Extreme has been a constantly-moving target. It's now been shifted to March 31, per their occasionally-updated FAQs. I think I'll cancel the order and move on if the date slips again. There's just so much nonsense a body can handle.

Wait. What was my point? Oh yes. Patience.

So this is a case where I've been remarkably (indeed, uncharacteristically) patient. I mean, I placed that order in October of 2011...

Sadly, it looks like delays in shipping are a common theme in the Internet these days. That Montie Gear slingshot is on a month's backorder as of the day Uncrate ran their post.

And the glory of Black Blood of the Earth is delayed at least a month due to overwhelming demand for that awesome elixir.

Can't say I blame folks for wanting a bit of awesome.

Doesn't help me with my patience issue, but as I can't Force choke or throw lightning yet, I don't see that this is anyone else's problem thus far.

No comments: